NSW RSA Course
Responsible Service of Alcohol
(also available 'Online')
6½ hours - (SITHFAB009A) Provide responsible service of alcohol
Delivered in partnership with MHM Australasia Pty Ltd (provider no 6980)
RSA Information Book Now ! or RSA Online!
Includes the NSW OLGR Photo Competency Card
MHM Australasia Pty Ltd trading as the Australasian College Broadway (TAC) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), approved to deliver the SITHFAB009A – Provide responsible service of alcohol (RSA). This course is delivered under a partnership agreement with BarMax Australia
The course is a 6 ½ hour workshop-style course that trains people involved in the licensed premises industry to be compliant with the current laws surrounding liquor and its service.
This course is required by the NSW state government as mandatory training prior to gaining the Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing (OLGR)
Photo Competency Card, needed for employment within the licensed premises industry.
The RSA course is relevant to anyone who has contact with patrons on licensed premises, such as bar staff, courtesy and security staff,
waiters, concierge, front door and reception staff.
Training is conducted on site or at one of our training rooms. It is arguably the most accredited and sought after course of its type, with many large establishments preferring it over other providers. It focuses on improved customer service as a component of the training.
The Course requires that students can demonstrate their ability to:
- Understand and comply with the legal responsibilities associated with the service of alcohol and Harm Minimisation in New South Wales
- Define a standard drink and understand their strengths
- Understand the effects of alcohol on the community and individuals
- Recognise the levels of intoxication of customers
- Details strategies and exhibit skills in the prevention and detection of minors on licensed premises, to prevent underage drinking
- Detail strategies and exhibit skills in the effective prevention or control of intoxication, or potentially violent or offensive behaviour customers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods employed in training to improve customer service and comprehension of the new focus on alcohol service
- Improve internal communication skills to enhance control and monitoring for improved focus on customer’s welfare
- Improve communication with patrons in order to competently advise options available
Responsible Service of Alcohol Accreditation
Completion of the RSA course is required before applying for an Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (OLGR) Photo Competency Card that enables the holder to work in the licensed premises industry.
After successful completion of the course examination, graduates are issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment (SoA) and an interim certificate.
The interim certificate is used to obtain the OLGR Photo Competency Card.
You can apply for the OLGR Photo Competency Card at participating Australia Post Offices when you present your interim certificate and 100 points of identification.
The card cost of $70 is included in the course cost.
For more information about applying for the OLGR Photo Competency Card, please go to:
Weekly training of the RSA, RCG, Bar and Cocktail courses is conducted in Broadway in Sydney, Parramatta, Liverpool, Gosford on the Central Coast, Hamilton in Newcastle, Wollongong and also regional areas.
Back to Courses
Prices Book Now